pro guides descend on Bozeman, Montana for 3 days of celebrating what they do.
This past week was a great event that all of us at Simms look forward to the whole year. A chance to meet great people, talk about our common passion, have a lot of fun and celebrate what we all do. I am, of course, talking about ICE OUT.
The event brings fishing guides from across North America to Bozeman to learn more about Simms, discover ways to be better guides, network with their brethren and, of course, laugh a lot. There are several takeaways from this year’s ICE OUT event that just concluded on Saturday evening.
- Fishing guides take their professions very seriously.
- Pro guides care about sharing their passion with anglers everywhere.
- The legends of the sport are revered (witness the Legends Panel discussion with Dave Whitlock, John Simms and John Gierach) which is, by our estimation a very healthy thing.
- Fishing guides are some the happiest blokes on the planet.
- This industry is full of great companies who care deeply about the health of the guiding community – Costa, Scott, Winston, GLoomis, MFC, Ro Boats, Clacka, Sotar, NRS, Galvan, Hatch and Yeti.
So next time you are thinking about going on that trip of a lifetime or just a day trip with someone special on your local water, remember that you are in good hands with a professional fishing guide.
Here is a sampling of the fun from this past week.